1. Name and e-mail. Blog address. Please take a "selfie" and include it on your blog. 
My name is Rigoberto Ceballos but I go by Rigo and my email is rigceballos@gmail.com. My blog address is rigoceballosIDM.blogspot.com. 


2. What’s your major? What year will you graduate? 
My major is Visual Communications with an emphasis in Digital Media.
3. Why did you choose a photography class (or photography as a major), and what do you hope to learn from school in general and this class specifically? 
I chose this class because in order for me to take Photography II I need to take Photography I a.k.a. Intro to Digital Media. I hope I learn how to take pictures in a different light then I otherwise use to.
4. What are your goals after graduation? Please list your goals in reverse order, starting five years out, then three, two, one, and six months. 
I hope to be working for myself and have a sustainable income via my businesses which I hope to include a Print Shop for local brands to get their products created and a small boutique for clothing. I want to have a job working making ad campaigns for sneakers. I want to have an art style that is noticeable upon first sight that way fans of my work can recognize when I am collaborating with a company without me having to say it.
5. What artists, musicians, photographers, writers, movies, books have influenced you/your work? 
I would have to stay definitely Kanye West, his artistic approach is chaotic. I love how he works by basically thinking up an idea and immediately getting to work on it. It may be months before he gets back to it but he'll never leave anything unfinished. Also the Pop Artist and Designer, Kaws. His work is essentially what I hope to have one day. A brand that is recognizable upon first sight. His style is so wacky and can be implemented into so many different mediums.  
6. Where do you get information about current national and international events? 
I mostly get my information from various media outlets and youtube channels. I am very big on hearing different points of view. I find that I tend to get a sense of how I feel more by listening to others talk about subjects before ever establishing a concrete opinion. The youtube channel Phillip DeFranco is a big source of my news and also the website the Associated Press.
7. Are there any important websites that you are referencing for art/photo competitions and/or information? What websites do you regularly visit? What TV programs?
n/a
8. What museums and/or galleries have you been to in the past year? 
I went to the KAWS exhibit back in January when it was at the The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth.
9. Have you had any photo projects and/ or training in the past? 
Very brief training when I took a digital media class in high school. We touched on photography maybe for a week or two and moved on to another subject.
10. What is the value of art for the artist? 
Artist get to see their ideas manifested into real life.
11. What is the value of art for the audience? 
The audience gets to step into the mind of someone who has a different perspective of life than they do.
12. Is photography a vocation or an avocation? 
Most certainly avocation
13. What is your passion? 
Creating, I love to create things.
14.What are you afraid of? What makes you uncomfortable? 
I'm afraid to prove people right about the wrong things. I am uncomfortable when I am forced into a situation that directly affects my ability to be successful.  
15. Do you have a passport?
Yes.
16. Why did you sign up for this class? What do you hope to learn from it?
Honestly, because I needed it to take Photography II. I hope I learn to take pictures that are more meaningful. 
17. Name three people who have influenced you and tell me how and why.
Kanye West- His dedication and artistry.
My Dog - Taught me how to be patient.
My mother- Taught me how to be a man.
18. Name three books (four, if one is the Bible) that have been important in your development. How have they influenced you? 

The Things They Carried - Taught me that not everybody is who they make themselves out to be.
The Art of Seduction - Taught me how to convince people to side with me at times.
No, David! - Taught me Manners.

Comments